The group grew from a small Self Help Group to one of the best managed in Lari Division. It was registered as a Sacco in 2001 October and started operating as one immediately in the year 2002. By then the membership had grown to over 120 members and recruitment was still going on.
F.G.C.K. Githirioni housed the Sacco from May 1997-January 2005.
In 2005 January the Sacco leased an office from F.G.C.K. Nyambari as it was more central than Githirioni.
On 1st July Year 2009 the Sacco launched its Front Office Services Activity (F.O.S.A.), and moved its premises from F.G.C.K Nyambari to KIWA House still within Nyambari Town in Uplands. The group has now grown from the initial savings of One Hundred Shillings per month to five hundred shillings per month. It has savings and deposits of about fifty Million Shillings and a membership of almost two thousand people. Its asset base has also grown to over Kshs. 35million. The Sacco currently has eight employees who are under the Board of directors named below:-
The board of directors are as follows
- Rev James M. Macharia -The Board Chairman
- Peter K. Ngure -Vice-chairman
- George K. Mwangi -Secretar
- Stephen Nyoike -Treasurer
- Richard Njiru Njoka -Board Member
- Anthony Kamande -Board Member
- James Kabatha -Board Member
- Geoffrey Njuguna Ndungu – Chairman
- John Tharao Ng’ang’a – Secretary
- Annalis Wambui Ikenye – Member
- Mary N. Karanu
The Sacco was given a certificate for being the second best managed Medium Rural Sacco in the greater Kiambu District in the year 2010.
It also has an M-pesa outlet which began operations in February 2010.